“Be strong and TAKE HEART, all you who hope in the Lord.” (Psalm 31:24)
Each day this week and through the end of the year, I invite you to pray the 5 prayer petitions each day:
- Gratitude: Heavenly Father, thank you for … << insert your blessings here >>.
- Pastor Travis Deployment: Lord, watch over Pastor Travis and his family today.
- Servant Leadership: Holy Spirit, raise up Christlike servant leaders of godly character and godly principle.
- Community: Jesus, heal what divides us and make our community and country united and strong in You.
- Mission: God, I pray … << insert names here >>> ... becomes part of your family.
The G.P.S. this week:
Day 1: Read Psalm 31:24. When you think of “Take Heart”, what images come to mind? What does that phrase tell you about your relationship with God? What do you want your relationship with God to be?
Day 2: Read Psalm 31:1. When have you taken God as your refuge? Where do you need Him to be your refuge today?
Day 3: Read Mark 12:29-30. What does being all in with all your heart, soul, mind and strength in your relationship with God look like for you? Where do you need to ask for forgiveness? For strength to keep on loving God?
Day 4: Read Psalm 31:2-3. How are you doing in praying the 5 prayers each day? What other daily prayer request might you add to your own list to pray daily?
Day 5: Read Psalm 31:23. To love others (especially those who drive you crazy), you start with love for God. When you take heart, you love God. How is that going for you? How do you express your love to God?
Day 6: Read Mark 12:31. Jesus is saying if you really want to show your love to God, then love your neighbor. That’s not just the neighbor you like but the one that drives you crazy. Ultimately your neighbor is the person you come across each day in your life. Who do you need to show God’s love to today?
Recent additional GO DEEPER reading opportunities:
- “Excellence Wins: A No-Nonsense Guide to Becoming the Best in a World of Compromise” by Horst Schulze (Amazon Kindle)
- "The Blessing: Giving the Gift of Unconditional Love and Acceptance" by John Trent, Gary Smalley, & Kari Trent Stageberg (Amazon Kindle)
- "A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World" by Paul Miller (Amazon Kindle)