Read Matthew 16:15 using the spiritual habit known as “lectio divina” or divine reading.
- Read/Lectio: Listen for the word or phrase that is addressed to you. The word/phrase is:
- Reflect/Meditatio: How is my life touched by this word? What is it in my life right now that needs to hear this word?
- Respond/Oratio: What is my response to God based on what I have read and encountered? Read the passage one more time, listening for your own deepest and truest response. In silence after the reading, allow your prayer to flow spontaneously from your heart as you enter a personal dialogue with God.
- Rest/Contemplatio: Rest in the Word of God. In this final reading you are invited to release and return to a place of rest in God.
- Resolve/Incarnatio: Incarnate (live out) the Word of God. As you emerge from this place of personal encounter with God to life in the company of others, resolve to carry this word with you and to live it out in the context of daily life and activity.