Monday, November 16, 2020
Reservations | LiveStream | Give | Sermons
This week Pastor Travis invites us to use “Lectio Divina” (Spiritual Reading) to help develop gratitude & contentment.
Paul expresses gratitude to the church in Philippi for their provision, and that leads him to teach about contentment. When Christians trust in God to provide for all their needs, that trust leads to contentment, even in times of need. “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
Here are the guidelines that they use:
Below is the list of the next six days of passages for this week:
Day 1: Read/Lectio: Philippians 4:10; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 2: Read/Lectio: Philippians 4:11; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 3: Read/Lectio: Philippians 4:12-13; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 4: Read/Lectio: Philippians 4:14; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 5: Read/Lectio: Philippians 4:16-20; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 6: Read/Lectio: Philippians 4:21-23; Phrase: _________________________________________
You can also listen to this guided audio example:
Recent GO DEEPER opportunities:
- Read the book"Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World" by Max Lucado (Amazon Kindle, Amazon Hard-copy)
- Read the book “Life Together and Prayerbook of the Bible” by Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Amazon Kindle, Amazon Hard-copy)
- Read the book "October 31, 1517: Martin Luther and the Day that Changed the World" by Martin Marty (Amazon Kindle, Amazon Paperback, Audible)
- Read the book* Thriving in Babylon: Why Hope, Humility, and Wisdom Matter in a Godless Culture by Larry Osborne.
- Read the book* Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby and Claude V. King.
You can also watch this week's sermon or read the full message & GPS here.
*Kindle book links are provided by Amazon Associate Links.