Points to ponder…
- Where are you experiencing darkness in your life? Where is your world crumbling?
- On Ascension, we learn a lesson about looking up to remember where Christ is – seated at the right hand of God. How does looking up change your perspective on your current circumstances?
- On Pentecost, we are still encouraged to look up, but we also learn a lesson about looking down. When we bring our eyes from heaven to earth, we are reminded about the mission we all have. Where and to whom is God calling you to bring the knowledge of Him?
This week’s Grow Pray Study (G.P.S) Guide provides an opportunity for a devotional framework to finish reading through the book of Luke. Each day’s readings are a chapter from Luke and how the church began and still grows.
Before you read, pray:
“Speak, Lord, your servant is listening.”
As you read each day, Pastor Burkey encourages you to use the S.O.A.P. method of devotional reading (Scripture, Observe, Apply, Pray):
- Each day offers a Scripture reading.
- Then a place to Observe what you’ve read, what’s happening, what key statements are made.
- Follow up as you Apply what you’ve just read:
- How is God speaking to you through what you’ve read?
- Where is Jesus' story this week speaking into your life story this day?
- You might sense a sin to confess, an action to take, a word of thanksgiving or a special need to pray for someone.
- Take time to Pray to what you have sense God saying to you in this time in His word. In addition, I suggest 2 sentence prayers to end your time with God. Lord, thank you for … ___________ ... Lord, I ask … ___________ … Then close, “In Jesus name. Amen.”
Day 1 (Sunday): Read Luke 21.
Day 2 (Monday): Read Luke 22.
Day 3 (Tuesday): Read Luke 23.
Day 4 (Wednesday): Read Luke 24.
Day 5 (Thursday): Read Luke 25.
Day 6 (Friday): Read Luke 26.
Day 7 (Saturday): Read Luke 27.
You can GO DEEPER this week by reading the book People in the Bible Barnabas: A good man, full of faith by Robert Dale.