This week we to continue to develop a spiritual habit called “Lectio Divina” (Spiritual Reading):
Pastor Burkey & Pastor Travis have found Lectio Divina to be a powerful tool for them to hear God speaking into their daily life as each of them engages in His Word. Here are the guidelines that they use, and the following are six days of passages for this week:
Day 1: Read/Lectio: 1 Samuel 3:9; Phrase: "Speak LORD"
Day 2: Read/Lectio: 1 Samuel 3:9; Phrase: "Your servant"
Day 3: Read/Lectio: 1 Samuel 3:9; Phrase: "is listening"
Day 4: Read/Lectio: Genesis 50:20; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 5: Read/Lectio: Jeremiah 33:3 ; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 6: Read/Lectio: John 14:26; Phrase: _________________________________________
You can GO DEEPER this week by:
- Read Chapter 3 in Sacred Rhythms: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation by Ruth Haley Barton.
You can also listen to this guided audio example:
Previous recent GO DEEPER opportunities:
- Reading the book The Deeper Journey: The Spirituality of Discovering Your True Self by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.
- Reading the book Restoring Civility: Lessons from the Master – Your Path to Rediscover Respect by Kent R. Hunter with Tracee J. Swank
- Reading the book Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are by Craig Groeschel
- Reading Martin Luther's Lectures on Romans.
- Reading the book The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.