You are encouraged to use the Journey Through The Book of Acts Devotional (available in the back of the sanctuary or download online at christlamesa.org).
May 16 (Monday): Read Acts 16:1-40.
May 17 (Tuesday): Read Acts 17:1–15.
May 18 (Wednesday): Read Acts 17:16–34.
May 19 (Thursday): Read Acts 18:1-28.
May 20 (Friday): Read Acts 19:1–22.
May 21 (Saturday): Read Acts 19:23–20:6.
Please use the S.O.A.P. actions of observation, application, and prayer for each day's reading:
- Scripture: Read the verses for the day from the Gospel of Luke. Before you start reading, pray:
“Speak, Lord, Your servant is listening.”
- Observation: Observe what the verses say. Think about who it was addressed to and why it was
written. Ponder the meaning, tone, and purpose. Write down your observations.
- Application: Personalize what you have read by asking yourself: “How does this apply to my life
right now?” “How will I put this into practice?” “How will I live differently?”
- Prayer: What do I want to thank God for? What do I need to ask for forgiveness for? What do I need to ask God for?
Recent additional GO DEEPER reading opportunities available on Amazon Books (#ads):
- "Life Together in Christ: Experiencing Transformation in Community" by Ruth Haley Barton
- "Life@Work: Marketplace Success for People of Faith" by John C. Maxwell, Stephen R. Graves, and Thomas G. Addington
- "Who Is This Man?: The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus" by John Ortberg