You are encouraged to use the Journey Through The Book of Acts Devotional (available in the back of the sanctuary or download online at christlamesa.org).
April 25 (Monday): Read Acts 5:12–42.
April 26 (Tuesday): Read Acts 6:1-15.
April 27 (Wednesday): Read Acts 7:1–23.
April 28 (Thursday): Read Acts 7:24–53.
April 29 (Friday): Read Acts 7:54–8:8.
April 30 (Saturday): Read Acts 8:9–40.
Please use the S.O.A.P. actions of observation, application, and prayer for each day's reading:
- Scripture: Read the verses for the day from the Gospel of Luke. Before you start reading, pray:
“Speak, Lord, Your servant is listening.”
- Observation: Observe what the verses say. Think about who it was addressed to and why it was
written. Ponder the meaning, tone, and purpose. Write down your observations.
- Application: Personalize what you have read by asking yourself: “How does this apply to my life
right now?” “How will I put this into practice?” “How will I live differently?”
- Prayer: What do I want to thank God for? What do I need to ask for forgiveness for? What do I need to ask God for?
Recent additional GO DEEPER reading opportunities available on Amazon Books (#ads):
- "Who Is This Man?: The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus" by John Ortberg
- "He Chose the Nails" by Max Lucado
- "Dangerous Prayers: Because Following Jesus Was Never Meant to Be Safe" by Craig Groeschel