March 7: Read Luke 2:25-53.
March 8: Read Luke 3:1-38.
March 9: Read Luke 4:1-30.
March 10: Read Luke 4:31-5:11.
March 11: Read Luke 5:12-39.
March 12: Read Luke 6:1-36.
You are encouraged to use S.O.A.P. actions of observation, application, and prayer for each day of the week:
- Scripture: Read the verses for the day from the Gospel of Luke. Before you start reading, pray:
“Speak, Lord, Your servant is listening.”
- Observation: Observe what the verses say. Think about who it was addressed to and why it was
written. Ponder the meaning, tone, and purpose. Write down your observations.
- Application: Personalize what you have read by asking yourself: “How does this apply to my life
right now?” “How will I put this into practice?” “How will I live differently?”
- Prayer: What do I want to thank God for? What do I need to ask for forgiveness for? What do I need to ask God for?
Recent additional GO DEEPER reading opportunities available on Amazon Books (#ad):
- "Cultivating Faith: A Christ-like Servant Leader Journey" by Sue von Fange & Jason Christ [for adult individual use]
- "Kindling the Heart: Nurturing Young Christ-like Servant Leaders" by Sue Steege [for family devotions]
- “The Life You've Always Wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People” by John Ortberg
- “Better Together: How Christians Can Be a Welcome Influence in Their Neighborhoods” by Barna Group