Each day this week I encourage you to pray two prayers:
- “Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.”
- “God, show me the good things you want me to do today. Lead me in the path of righteousness."
Day 1: Read Psalm 23:3. Where does your life feel like it’s turned upside-down? Why? How will you know God has turned it right-side up?
Day 2: Read Matthew 18:12. When you think of those you know and love who do not know Jesus, who are the lost sheep you can pray for today?
Day 3: Read Psalm 23:3. What pulls you off the path of following Jesus? What sin do you need to confess? Where do you need to get back on track in walking with Him?
Day 4: Read Matthew 18:13. How does Jesus guide you during your day? Where could you use some guidance for the best next step you need to take?
Day 5: Read Psalm 23:3. Jesus' name means “He saves!” If you feel guilty about a sin you've already confessed to God, that guilt is not from God, it's from the devil. Where do you need to remind yourself that Jesus has forgiven your sins and taken away your guilt?
Day 6: Read Matthew 18:14. Children in Jesus day didn’t have much value. They do in our day. It’s one difference Jesus brought to our world. What child, grandchild, niece, nephew, student, friend’s kids can you pray for to know Jesus today?
You can GO DEEPER this week by reading the book "God is More than Enough" by Tony Evans (Amazon Kindle).
Recent additional GO DEEPER reading opportunities:
- "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23" by Phillip Keller (Amazon Kindle).
- "Hidden Christmas: The Surprising Truth Behind the Birth of Christ" by Tim Keller (Amazon Kindle)
- "The Hole in Our Gospel: What Does God Expect of Us? The Answer That Changed My Life and Might Just Our World" by Richard Stearns (Amazon Kindle)