This week Pastor Travis invites us to use “Lectio Divina” (Spiritual Reading) in reading the verses from Philippians 3:12-21 to let the Holy Spirit use God’s Word to give us real confidence in living life this week and in the days ahead.
An African Proverbs says "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."
Here are the guidelines that they use:
Below is the list of the next six days of passages for this week:
Day 1: Read/Lectio: Philippians 3:12; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 2: Read/Lectio: Philippians 3:13; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 3: Read/Lectio: Philippians 3:14; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 4: Read/Lectio: Philippians 3:17; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 5: Read/Lectio: Philippians 3:18-19; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 6: Read/Lectio: Philippians 3:19-21; Phrase: _________________________________________
You can also listen to this guided audio example:
Previous recent GO DEEPER opportunities:
- Read the book October 31, 1517: Martin Luther and the Day that Changed the World by Martin Marty (Amazon Kindle, Amazon Paperback, Audible)
- Read the book* Thriving in Babylon: Why Hope, Humility, and Wisdom Matter in a Godless Culture by Larry Osborne.
- Read the book* Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby and Claude V. King.
- Read the book* Laugh Again: Experience Outrageous Joy by Charles Swindoll.
- Read the book* Philippians: The Eight Places Joy Is Won or Lost by Tom Holladay.
- Read the book* The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Tim Keller
- Read the book* The Deeper Journey: The Spirituality of Discovering Your True Self by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.
- Read the book* Restoring Civility: Lessons from the Master – Your Path to Rediscover Respect by Kent R. Hunter with Tracee J. Swank
- Read the book* Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are by Craig Groeschel
- Reading Martin Luther's Lectures on Romans.
- Read the book* The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
*Kindle book links are provided by Amazon Associate Links.