This week's Message from Pastor Burkey was centered on "Is Christ's Will greater (>) than my questions (?s) related to: feelings, fear, and/or pain." This week's GPS will help us to address our questions.
This week we to continue to develop a spiritual habit called “Lectio Divina” (Spiritual Reading):
Pastor Burkey & Pastor Travis have found Lectio Divina to be a powerful tool for them to hear God speaking into their daily life as each of them engages in His Word. Here are the guidelines that they use, and the following are six days of passages for this week:
Day 1: Read/Lectio: Philippians 1:20; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 2: Read/Lectio: Philippians 1:21; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 3: Read/Lectio: Philippians 1:22-24; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 4: Read/Lectio: Philippians 1:25-26; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 5: Read/Lectio: Philippians 1:27-28; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 6: Read/Lectio: Philippians 1:29-30; Phrase: _________________________________________
You can also listen to this guided audio example:
You can GO DEEPER this week by reading -- Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby and Claude V. King.
Previous recent GO DEEPER opportunities:
- Read the book Laugh Again: Experience Outrageous Joy by Charles Swindoll.
- Read the book Philippians: The Eight Places Joy Is Won or Lost by Tom Holladay.
- Read the book The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Tim Keller
- Read the book The Deeper Journey: The Spirituality of Discovering Your True Self by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.
- Read the book Restoring Civility: Lessons from the Master – Your Path to Rediscover Respect by Kent R. Hunter with Tracee J. Swank
- Read the book Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are by Craig Groeschel
- Reading Martin Luther's Lectures on Romans.
- Read the book The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.