This week we to continue to develop a spiritual habit called “Lectio Divina” (Spiritual Reading):
The first 4 days the challenge is in reading the stories from Acts 16 about Philippi – how Paul got there, the 3 people who are the first members of the Philippians church.
Pastor Burkey & Pastor Travis have found Lectio Divina to be a powerful tool for them to hear God speaking into their daily life as each of them engages in His Word. Here are the guidelines that they use, and the following are six days of passages for this week:
Day 1: Read/Lectio: Acts 16:6-10 (Paul’s Vision); Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 2: Read/Lectio: Acts 16:11-15 (Lydia); Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 3: Read/Lectio: Acts 16:16-21 (Slave Girl); Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 4: Read/Lectio: Acts 16:22-34 (Jailer); Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 5: Read/Lectio: Philippians 1:1; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 6: Read/Lectio: Philippians 1:2; Phrase: _________________________________________
You can GO DEEPER this week by:
- Reading the book Philippians: The Eight Places Joy Is Won or Lost by Tom Holladay.
You can also listen to this guided audio example:
Previous recent GO DEEPER opportunities:
- Reading the book The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Tim Keller
- Reading the book The Deeper Journey: The Spirituality of Discovering Your True Self by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.
- Reading the book Restoring Civility: Lessons from the Master – Your Path to Rediscover Respect by Kent R. Hunter with Tracee J. Swank
- Reading the book Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are by Craig Groeschel
- Reading Martin Luther's Lectures on Romans.
- Reading the book The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.