Follow Your Brother’s Quest
Sunday, August 30, 2020
Photo by Jehyun Sung on Unsplash
Reservations | Church@Home | Give | Keep Calm and Quarantine On
This week we to continue to develop a spiritual habit called “Lectio Divina” (Spiritual Reading):
Pastor Burkey & Pastor Travis have found Lectio Divina to be a powerful tool for them to hear God speaking into their daily life as each of them engages in His Word. Here are the guidelines that they use, and the following are six days of passages for this week:
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ON LECTIO DIVINA.
Day 1: Read/Lectio: Hebrews 2:10; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 2: Read/Lectio: Hebrews 2:16; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 3: Read/Lectio: Hebrews 2:11; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 4: Read/Lectio: Hebrews 2:18; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 5: Read/Lectio: Hebrews 2:14-15; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 6: Read/Lectio: Hebrews 2:16; Phrase: _________________________________________
You can GO DEEPER this week by:
You can also listen to this guided audio example:
Previous recent GO DEEPER opportunities:
- Reading the book The Deeper Journey: The Spirituality of Discovering Your True Self by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.
- Reading the book Restoring Civility: Lessons from the Master – Your Path to Rediscover Respect by Kent R. Hunter with Tracee J. Swank
- Reading the book Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are by Craig Groeschel
- Reading Martin Luther's Lectures on Romans.
- Reading the book The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
You can also watch this week's sermon or read the full message & GPS here.