This week we to continue to develop a spiritual habit called “Lectio Divina” (Spiritual Reading):
Pastor Burkey & Pastor Travis have found Lectio Divina to be a powerful tool for them to hear God speaking into their daily life as each of them engages in His Word. Here are the guidelines that they use, and the following are six days of passages for this week:
Day 1: Read/Lectio: Psalm 139:13; Phrase: _________________________________________
Day 2: Read/Lectio: Psalm 139:14; Phrase: _________________________________________
Day 3: Read/Lectio: Ephesians 4:25; Phrase: _________________________________________
Day 4: Read/Lectio: Ephesians 4:29; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 5: Read/Lectio: Ephesians 4:31; Phrase: ________________________________________
Day 6: Read/Lectio: Ephesians 4:32; Phrase: _________________________________________
You can GO DEEPER this week by:
- Reading the book Restoring Civility: Lessons from the Master – Your Path to Rediscover Respect by Kent R. Hunter with Tracee J. Swank
Here are some detailed Lecto Divina resources:
- Sacred Rhythms: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation by Ruth Haley Barton.
- Listen to this guided Lectio Divina audio example from 2013 (MP3).
Previous recent GO DEEPER opportunities:
- Reading the book Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are by Craig Groeschel
- Reading Martin Luther's Lectures on Romans.
- Reading the book The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.