This week’s Grow Pray Study (G.P.S) Guide provides an opportunity for a devotional framework to read through the book of Acts. Each day’s readings are a chapter from Acts and how the church began and still grows.
Before you read, pray:
“Speak, Lord, your servant is listening.”
As you read each day, Pastor Burkey encourages you to use the S.O.A.P. method of devotional reading (Scripture, Observe, Apply, Pray):
- Each day offers a Scripture reading.
- Then a place to Observe what you’ve read, what’s happening, what key statements are made.
- Follow up as you Apply what you’ve just read:
- How is God speaking to you through what you’ve read?
- Where is Jesus' story this week speaking into your life story this day?
- You might sense a sin to confess, an action to take, a word of thanksgiving or a special need to pray for someone.
- Take time to Pray to what you have sense God saying to you in this time in His word. In addition, I suggest 2 sentence prayers to end your time with God. Lord, thank you for … ___________ ... Lord, I ask … ___________ … Then close, “In Jesus name. Amen.”
Day 1: Read Acts 7. Stephen Speaks, Suffers and Forgives!
Day 2: Read Acts 8. Persecution Evangelism.
Day 3: Read Acts 9. Saul Comes to Faith/Barnabas welcomes Saul!
Day 4: Read Acts 10. The Church Begins for Those not Jewish (Gentiles).
Day 5: Read Acts 11 A New Church Begins!
Day 6: Read Acts 12. God’s Prison Miracle for Peter!
You can GO DEEPER this week by reading the book People in the Bible Barnabas: A good man, full of faith by Robert Dale.