SUNDAY (DAY 20) CHALLENGE PREP:
Pray for a “Because you say so, I will” (BYSSIW) attitude. Leave sticky notes around your house, on the bathroom mirror, in your car, and at your workplace to remind you that all you do gives glory to God, your Father.
MONDAY READING (DAY 21) & SERVICE CHALLENGE:
Read Mark 9:35 - “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant to all.”
Find a way to put someone else’s needs before yours today. Here are some examples of how this might look:
- Be compassionate, even when you don’t want to be.
- Give your snack, that you eat on your drive, to the homeless person on the corner.
- Ask someone “How can I make your day better?”, and then do it.
- Instead of deciding on what restaurant YOU want to go to, ask a friend if you can take them to dinner somewhere – THEIR CHOICE.
TUESDAY READING (DAY 22) & SERVICE CHALLENGE:
Read Luke 14:13 - “When you give a dinner, invite the poor, crippled, lame, etc.”
Serve someone who will not be able to give you anything in return. Here are some examples:
- Host a dinner party for some people you know who could use a break.
- Offer to watch someone’s children while they have a date-night or just a nap.
- Team up with some people to feed the homeless.
WEDNESDAY READING (DAY 23) & SERVICE CHALLENGE:
Read Matthew 22:39 - “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Do something for a neighbor. Show them you care, no strings attached. Here are some examples:
- Cut their lawn (not if it’s artificial grass).
- Take them Starbucks.
- Bake them cookies.
- Take their garbage bins back from the street for them.
THURSDAY READING (DAY 24) & SERVICE CHALLENGE:
Read Matthew 19:14 - “Let the little children come to me.”
Serve a child who is in your life today, and let this child know how important he or she is to you. Here are some examples:
- Take a kid out to eat (after asking the parent’s permission first!).
- Give a special gift.
- Listen to their stories and engage in conversation.
- Welcome them as Jesus welcomed the little children, letting them know they are not a bother.
FRIDAY READING (DAY 25) & SERVICE CHALLENGE:
Read Matthew 25:35-36 - “I was sick and you took care of me.”
If you know someone sick, visit that person. Here are some examples of how to do that:
- Encourage, support, or call him/her.
- If you can’t do that, then send a gift or message to someone who is sick or recovering.
- If you don’t know anyone personally who is sick, look at the page in the bulletin of who we are praying for, and write out a card and prayer for them.
SATURDAY READING (DAY 26) & SERVICE CHALLENGE:
Read Matthew 5:16 - “Let your light shine before others.”
SUNDAY READING (DAY 27 - 1ST DAY OF GIVING):
Read Luke 6:35 - “Lend, expecting nothing in return.”
More information about the Red Letter Challenge (RLC)!
You can watch this week's sermon message or read the full PDF of the sermon message & GPS.
CREATE FOR COMMUNITY: Construction is almost done! The grand opening celebration is planned for Sunday, February 9, 2019.