THE EXAMEN PRAYER
- Look back over today. For what do you want to thank God? What gifts have you received?
- Jesus said, “The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything.” Ask God’s Spirit to guide your memory as you look back over today.
- Look back peacefully over today and see what comes to mind. What is God trying to show you?
- Look at places you’ve been, things you’ve done, and people you’ve been with.
- Look for those moments where you’ve experienced light and life, where you’ve experienced love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, trust, gentleness, self-control…
- God is always present in our lives to bring about the greatest good and the good of others. Ask yourself, “When did you most fully connect with God? Where did I feel most alive?”
- Become aware of the times where you felt out of tune with God. Ask yourself, “Where did you feel least alive?” Try not to be judgmental… but simply notice.
- For what do you want to ask forgiveness? Where have you chosen distance over closeness with God?
- Receive God’s forgiveness with confidence…
- For what do you want to ask God? Where do you need to be strengthened in order to follow the way the Spirit is leading you? Ask God for whatever you need. Ask God to open your heart to whatever surprises may come. Ask God to open your eyes to notice Him in unexpected places, to open your ears to tune into His Almighty voice.
Don't forget you can watch this week's sermon message or read the full PDF of the sermon message & GPS.
CREATE FOR COMMUNITY PRAYER REQUESTS: For patience with parking challenges during construction (currently estimated as 30% done). For safety and efficiency of our construction crews. For those who have given generously for these improvements.