When you start with a generous heart:
- You live out of gratitude, not guilt.
- Your life flows from the savior’s desires, not your desires for stuff.
- You seek to build a legacy that blesses, not burdens others.
You can grow your generous heart this week with …
Monday: Read 2 Corinthians 8:1b-2. Who modeled/models generosity for you? How has that person’s generosity impacted your own?
Tuesday: Read 2 Corinthians 8:5. When have you given out of guilt? Why? What impact did “guilt giving” have on you? When have you given out of gratitude? Why? What impact did “gratitude giving” have on you?
Wednesday: Read Luke 12:15. What is an area of greed in life that tempts you? When does stuff get in the way of the Savior?
Thursday: Read Luke 12:16. As you look at all you have in life, take time today to thank God for His generosity to you.
Friday: Read 1 Chronicles 28:2. As you look at family and friends that have influenced your life, how have they blessed you? How are you passing on such blessings to others?
Saturday: Read 1 Chronicles 28:9-10. Consider your faith legacy. What values do you want to pass on to the next generation? What impact and influence for God do you want to have on our community?
You can GO DEEPER this week by:
- Read the book: The Generosity Factor: Discover the Joy of Giving Your Time, Talent and Treasure by Ken Blanchard
- Download the YouVersion Bible Application on your smartphone or tablet.