Monday: Read Matthew 1:18-21. What difficult, hard-to-swallow command of God do you need to obey today?
Tuesday: Read Philippians 2:5-11. Since Jesus is God, He is in charge of your life. Where do you find it easy to let Jesus be in charge? What do you still need to give Him total control in your life?
Wednesday: Read Matthew 1:22-23, 18:20 and 28:20. Jesus is present in all of life. Where do you need to ask Him to become more aware of His presence in your life today?
Thursday: Read Hebrews 2:17-18. What was your worst Christmas experience? What “best” lessons did you learn from that experience about Jesus’ presence being with you in your pain? How might God use those lessons you learned to help others this Christmas?
Friday: Read Matthew 1:21. "Jesus" is the Greek form of "Joshua," which in Hebrew means either "Yahweh is salvation" or "Yahweh saves."
Saturday: Read John 14:6. Who do you need to tell about the way Jesus offers a relationship with God? Who are you praying for to know Jesus this Christmas?
You can GO DEEPER this week by:
- Read the book Hidden Christmas by Tim Keller
- Read the book The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp
- Listen to Christmas Is Coming by Rob Mathes
- Listen to Campfire Christmas by Rend Collective
- Enjoy white chocolate peppermint tea by Teavana
- Enjoy Lindor peppermint truffles