The sermon (you can listen here) for this week examines 1 Corinthians 12:27 as it is experienced in the Lego Movie. Everything is awesome when:
- you are part of a team.
- you realize the piece God has for you in life’s Legos.
- you embrace whom God has made you to be.
- I see what God can do through us together.
This week we look at how God has S.H.A.P.E.D. [Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, Experiences, Developing] us to be special.
Monday: Read 1 Corinthians 12:7. Spiritual Gifts: God gives you supernatural talents to impact others. Do you know your spiritual gifts? How are you putting them to use? If you want to learn more about spiritual gifts, take the spiritual gift inventory at https://gifts.churchgrowth.org/cgi-cg/gifts.cgi?intro=1. What top gifts emerge from the inventory you took? What areas of ministry have people commented on that you’ve done well? When and where do you enjoy serving God the most?
Tuesday: Read Psalm 37:4. Heart: The passion for life God has planted deep within your soul. What specific, needs, issues or causes particularly touch your heart? How will you pray for them today?
Wednesday: Read Exodus 31:3. Abilities: Natural talents God has wired within your physical make up. What are three “doing what you do best” moments that you have experienced in life? What natural talents are common with those three items?
Thursday: Read Proverbs 22:6. Personality: The hard-wiring of your temperament that God has built in you. How has God wired your personality? Are you more of an introvert or extrovert? Do you find it easier to move into leadership or follower-ship? What have your family and friends affirmed about your personality? How does your personality influence the way you connect with others?
Friday: Read Deuteronomy 11:2. Experiences: Life lessons and life training God teaches through your daily life. What is God teaching you in your:
- Spiritual experiences: What have been the meaningful or decisive times with God in your life?
- Painful experiences: What lessons have you learned from the problems, hurts, and trials of life?
- Educational experiences: What were your favorite subjects in school? What areas of life do you like to study?
- Ministry experiences: How have you served God in the past?
- Work experiences: What jobs have you enjoyed and achieved results doing?
Saturday: Read Jeremiah 29:11. Developing: God works through the on-going process of dynamic discipleship development within you. Where do you sense God working in your life? As you look over this week’s GPS, what have you learned about God’s awesome work as He has S.H.A.P.E.D. you to connect with His mission of discipleship?
You can GO DEEPER this week by reading the book “S.H.A.P.E. Finding and Fulfilling Your Unique Purpose for Life” by Erik Rees.
Click here to download the full PDF of the sermon message and this week's GPS.