Monday: Read Luke 24:44, and as you look over the eight prophecies about Jesus:
- The Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem
- The Messiah was to be preceded by a messenger
- The Messiah was to enter Jerusalem riding a donkey
- The Messiah was to be betrayed by a friend who ate with him
- The Messiah was to be sold for 30 pieces of silver
- The money was to be thrown into God's house and used for a potter's field
- The Messiah was to stand silent before his accusers
- The Messiah was to die by crucifixion
Which one amazes you the most about Jesus fulfilling? Why did Jesus consider it important to teach the disciples from the Old Testament?
Tuesday: Read Luke 24:44. Why is it so important that Jesus fulfilled over 300 Old Testament prophecies about Himself? What does that tell you about God? About your relationship with God?
Wednesday: Read John 14:6. In what way is faith in Jesus Christ exclusive or narrow? In what way is Christianity, an exclusive belief system? How is Jesus the way, the truth, and the life in your life?
Thursday: Read Matthew 9:36-38. What person or people group do you mourn for to know Jesus? When was the last time you prayed for that person or group to know Christ? Take time this day and each day to pray for God to raise up workers in the harvest. Be specific in your prayers for God to raise up workers who can reach the person or people group that you mourn for? (I pray this each day for East County and India.)
Friday: Read Matthew 7:7-8. What do you tend to pray about? For what are you reluctant to pray? What truth would you like God to reveal in your life?
Saturday: Read Philippians 3:8. When do your find yourself seeing your connection with Christ as a religious ritual? As a relationship? What tends to draw you to Christ? Away from Christ? Why?
If you would like to Dig Deeper, then you can check out: