Christ Lutheran Church La Mesa is doing a series for the next 40 days called "40 DAYS IN THE WORD" (40ditw.com) and this is week 6. Please go to 40ditw.com (aka 40daysintheword.com) and sign up for daily support material delivered via email.
Week 6 includes the following daily video clips that compliment the workbook:
- Day 36: Bill Cornelius from Bay Area Fellowship Church, Corpus Christi, TX on Psalm 119:105 (5m36s)
- Day 37: J. D. Greear, The Summit Church, Durham, NC on Psalm 40:8 (9m54s)
- Day 38: Kurt Johnson from Saddleback Community Church, Lake Forest, CA on Romans 10:17 (6m03s)
- Day 39: Rick Rusaw, Life Bridge Christian Church, Longmont, CO on 1 Peter 1:24-25 (4m53s)
- Day 40: Britt Merrick, Reality Church, Santa Barbara, CA on John 8:31-32 (4m15s)
During Week 6, we will being doing the following "Principles of Interpretation/Bible Reading" each day is Psalm 1 and then use 1 of the 6 methods studied in the last 40 days.
- Day 36: Pronounce it! Read Psalm 1 aloud more than once. How does emphasizing different words change the focus?
- Day 37: Picture it! Imagine how you would feel in the situation described in Psalm 1. What would you do and say?
- Day 38: Probe it! (SPACEPETS) In Psalm 1, does it suggest a: Sin to confess? Promise to claim? Attitude to change? Command to obey? Example to follow? Prayer to pray? Error to avoid? Truth to believe? Something to praise God for?
- Day 39: Paraphrase it! Put Psalm 1 into you own words. How do translations vary (e.g., word-for-word vs. paraphrase)?
- Day 40: Pray it! Read and pray Psalm 1 aloud to God. What fresh insights do you receive?
- Day 41: Personalize it! Insert your name in place of any first-person pronouns in Psalm 1. What additional insights do you get?
Remember the memory verse for Week 6 is Psalm 119:105:
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.