You are encouraged to use the Journey Through The Book of Acts Devotional (available in the back of the sanctuary or download online at christlamesa.org).
May 23 (Monday): Read Acts 20:7-38.
May 24 (Tuesday): Read Acts 21:1–26.
May 25 (Wednesday): Read Acts 21:27–22:21.
May 26 (Thursday): Read Acts 22:22-23:11.
May 27 (Friday): Read Acts 23:12–35.
May 28 (Saturday): Read Acts 24:1-27.
Please use the S.O.A.P. actions of observation, application, and prayer for each day's reading:
- Scripture: Read the verses for the day from the Gospel of Luke. Before you start reading, pray:
“Speak, Lord, Your servant is listening.”
- Observation: Observe what the verses say. Think about who it was addressed to and why it was
written. Ponder the meaning, tone, and purpose. Write down your observations.
- Application: Personalize what you have read by asking yourself: “How does this apply to my life
right now?” “How will I put this into practice?” “How will I live differently?”
- Prayer: What do I want to thank God for? What do I need to ask for forgiveness for? What do I need to ask God for?
Recent additional GO DEEPER reading opportunities available on Amazon Books (#ads):
- "Life Together in Christ: Experiencing Transformation in Community" by Ruth Haley Barton
- "Life@Work: Marketplace Success for People of Faith" by John C. Maxwell, Stephen R. Graves, and Thomas G. Addington
- "Who Is This Man?: The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus" by John Ortberg