To make the swap you need to:
- Trade my plans for God’s ultimate purpose.
- Trade my stuff to serve others.
- Trade my worry for a daily life of worship (worth-ship) of God.
Monday: Read 2 Corinthians 8:9. Sacrifice can be defined as: I give up something I love for something I love even more. What examples of sacrifice have you seen in your life? When have you made such sacrifices? Where might God be calling you to make a sacrifice?
Tuesday: Read 1 Chronicles 28:2 and 28:11-12. Solomon is known as the great builder of the temple. David trades his heart and his plans so that Solomon can build the temple. When have you had your heart set on a plan and God showed up with a much bigger sense of purpose for your life?
Wednesday: Read 2 Corinthians 8:12. When does your stuff get in the way of serving others with generosity?
Thursday: Read 2 Corinthians 8:13. What prevents people from giving a fair portion of their money to the Lord for His work? How crucial do you think it is for Christians to give their money to the church?
Friday: Read Luke 12:22-23. What leads you to worry these days? How can you flip that worry into a prayer that worships God?
Saturday: Read Luke 12:31. How do you know you are seeking God’s kingdom first? What leads you to move God’s kingdom from first place in your life? Where do you most need to seek God’s kingdom first today?
You can GO DEEPER this week by:
- Read the book: The Genius of Generosity: Lessons from a Secret Pact between Two Friends by Chip Ingram.
- Check out the Create for Community Informational Website
- Download the YouVersion Bible Application on your smartphone or tablet.