This week’s message focused on these three perspectives:
- All we give (and all we keep) comes from God.
- As you give, follow through with God’s plan.
- Listen to Jesus on every step of your Journey of Generosity.
Monday: Read 1 Chronicles 29:12. What is your idea of generosity? What has surprised you the last five weeks on our journey of generosity?
Tuesday: Read 1 Chronicles 29:14. Why is God concerned with what we give? With what we keep?
Wednesday: Read 2 Corinthians 9:8. God gives to us, so that we can give to others. Teachers teach, so students can learn. Chefs cook so hungry people can be fed and nourished. Health care providers help those who are sick to be well again. How might the talents, abilities, work you do, finances you receive, be used to meet the needs of others?
Thursday: Read 2 Corinthians 9:11. Notice Paul’s order – God makes us rich so we can be generous – that will lead people to thank God. What have others done or given you that led you to thank and praise God? What might God be calling you to give or do so that others will thank and praise God?
Friday: Read Matthew 17:4. A great temptation in life is when you have a holy moment, an incredible moment where you experienced God at work in your life, you build a monument and stay there like Peter, instead of recognizing the holy moment as part of God’s movement in your life’s journey. What are some great moments in your life where you have experienced God’s grace? How have you been tempted to build a monument and stay there? How has the Holy Spirit led you to leverage that moment to follow the movement of God at work in your life?
Saturday: Read Matthew 17:5. In the midst of Peter’s monument building plan, God the Father speaks telling Peter, and us, to listen to Jesus. What has Jesus been saying to you recently in your prayer time, Bible reading time, and amid the holy moments of your life?
You can GO DEEPER this week by:
- Read the following book: "Love Does" by Bob Goff
- Reflect on our Journey of Generosity over the last five weeks:
- Start with the heart – give and live with gratitude.
- Sacrifice – I give up something I love for something I love even more.
- Live by faith – Jesus teaches me where my treasure is, my heart will be also.
- Live to bless others – Plant seeds of generosity and watch the harvest God gives.
- Give – Commit to give.
- Download the YouVersion Bible Application on your smartphone or tablet.